The SRUK and WSF Research Grant Programme 2019-20
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW ON THE JOINT GRANT PROGRAMME BEFORE APPLYING, AS IT DETAILS THE SPECIFIC RESEARCH CALL
Apply for the grant programme here:Apply Here
Scleroderma and Raynaud's UK (SRUK) is the only UK charity dedicated to improving the lives of people with scleroderma and Raynaud's phenomenon. We envision a world where no-one has their life limited by scleroderma and Raynaud's.
Our mission is to improve the lives of everyone affected by Scleroderma and Raynaud's. We do this by investing in research, improving awareness and understanding of the conditions and providing information and support to all those affected.
The mission of the World Scleroderma Foundation (WSF) is to initiate and support research in scleroderma in all its aspects and in all regions of the World. It is also committed to improving the quality of life for scleroderma sufferers and their families. WSF supports research in the form of project grants, expert advisory panels and knowledge dissemination platforms. Patient groups as well as allied health professionals are an integral part of the WSF structure. WSF liaises with society, industry and government in an open and dynamic fashion, remaining independent from regional, political or industrial pressures.
SRUK and WSF are pleased to work together in fostering the development of innovative and high-quality research by new and established investigators in fields related to scleroderma.
Outcome Measures in Systemic Sclerosis
The title of this call for grants is “Outcome Measures in Systemic Sclerosis" and is dedicated to investigators who hold faculty or equivalent positions and who wish to pursue a career in research related to scleroderma. This grant will support promising research that is likely to lead to individual research projects with the aim to foster also the entry of new investigators into this area of research. For this reason, SRUK and WSF together are launching this grant to support innovative research in this field of investigation and to enhance collaboration between two or more Scleroderma centers, one of which must be based in the UK, to advance significant research on the disease. The project must demonstrate the synergy and added value of proposed collaboration.
We are inviting proposals on studies which focus on investigating outcome measures for systemic sclerosis. Outcome measures are a key aspect of management of the condition and further investigation will enable significant improvement in patient outcomes.
The total amount of the grant is 100,000 GBP (a maximum of 2 grants will be awarded, however the joint committee retain the ability to amend this number at their discretion)
Grant Application Process
- Expression of Interest Application to include:
- Completed 'letter of intent' form including short background, the aim, the objectives, the methods, the expected results and the potential patient benefits
- CV of participants
- The deadline for submission is 5pm BST July 20th 2019
- Eligibility: Applications may be submitted by nonprofit organizations, public and private such as universities, colleagues, hospitals and laboratories.
- For more detailed information, including date updates and applications procedures, please visit www.sruk.co.uk and www.worldsclerofound.org
Successful applicants will be informed of progression to the next stage by 10th August 2019
- Completed full application form including:
- Introduction/background, objectives, specifics aims, methods, statistical analysis, expected results including potential problems, benefit for patients, future directions, lay summary for patients
- Duration of the project
- List of Participants with their letter of support
- COI statement
- Letter of recommendations
- Future development of the projectDeadline of submission is 5pm BST 1st October 2019
The committee's decision will be communicated to the applicant by January 2020.
The grant application process and grant award administration will be coordinated via the SRUK head office.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of questions or issues with the application process.
Successful grants to commence no later than March 2020 with mandatory presentation of an abstract with preliminary or final results at the World Scleroderma Congress 2022.
PLEASE APPLY TO THE JOINT GRANT PROGRAMME BY HEADING TO OUR APPLICATION PAGE USING THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON
Apply for the grant programme here:Apply Now