Collection Tin Coordinator
Why we need you?
- To extend the reach of the charity in your local area by displaying charity collection tins within your community, not only to help raise vital funds but to help increase awareness and understanding.
- We're looking for a volunteer collection tin coordinator to distribute and monitor our collection tins in their local community. This may be in local shops, pubs, restaurants etc.
What will I be doing?
- You will need to distribute our collection tins in and around your local area, monitor them, by calling every 3 months to see how full they are and, when they are full, count the money and pay it in to us.
- Contacting local businesses, either face to face, or over the phone to find suitable locations to place our collection tins
- Deliver collection tins to the agreed locations and ensure necessary paperwork is completed
- Keep records of where all tins have been placed
- Follow up on placed tins 2-3 times a year to assess whether they are full and need collecting and replacing
- Counting and banking the funds collected within the tin
What skills and attributes do I need?
- A personal and friendly manner
- An organised approach to record keeping
- An honest and trustworthy nature
- Confidence to approach businesses and organisations who may be able to take a collection tin
How much time do I need to commit?
This role allows you to take on as much or as little as you feel you can manage.
What support will I be given?
- You will receive a full induction to SRUK and to your role here
- You will have a member of staff as a named contact who will support you and answer any queries you have
- You will be given any equipment necessary to carry out your role
Where will I be based?
In and around your local area
How to apply
To apply, please complete the volunteer collection tin coordinator application form below and a member of the SRUK team will then be in touch to discuss the role further with you.
If you have any questions or would like further information on the role, please email email@example.com